“Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprung up.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Peter Barnett is a Seattle native that works as a law clerk for the firm. He received his J.D. from the New England School of Law in 2014 and is currently studying for the bar. He graduated from the University of Washington with a double major in International Studies and Political Science.
During law school, he showed dedication to public interest work through his advocacy on the Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Project and his time with Cambridge and Somerville Legal Services, which provides legal representation for low-income clients in need. As a result of Peter’s public interest work, he was featured on the law school’s public service honor roll. Peter was also a summer fellow in the Center for Business Law.
Prior to his work at the Law Offices of Andrew P. Garza, Peter worked with the Bace Law Group, L.L.C.; Fireman & Associates, L.L.P.; and solo practitioners handling personal injury, public housing and benefits, labor, employment, social security, and general civil litigation matters.
Peter is also an experienced negotiator and sales professional, having previously worked for Allied Trade Group, Inc., and Asset Management International, L.L.C., in Washington.
In his free time, Peter enjoys tennis, soccer, chess, skiing, and camping with friends.
- New England School of Law, 2014 J.D. Candidate
- University of Washington, B.A.
- Summer Fellow, Bace Law Group, L.L.C., Boston, MA
- Law Clerk, Law Office of Jeremy T. Robin, Boston, MA
- Legal Intern, Cambridge and Somerville Legal Services, Cambridge, MA
- Student Advocate, Criminal Offender Records Information (CORI) Project, Boston, MA
- Law Clerk, Fireman & Associates, L.L.P., Needham, MA
- Supplier Relations Analyst, Allied Trade Group, Inc., Kirkland, WA
- Technical Sales/Marketing Coordinator, Asset Management International, L.L.C., Seattle, WA
- New England Law Mentorship Program
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Jewish Law Students Association
- Phi Alpha Delta
- BarBri Student Representative